Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Iranian/Persian singer Homayoun Shajarian and band preview from City Paper



I admit it. I had never heard of Iranian/Persian singer Homayoun Shajarian until I saw his name on Lisner's February concert calendar.  Now I'm a fan.  You should also know that he once had a concert cancelled in Iran because the powers that be did not like that he had two women in his band.  He and his masterful percussionists and string players will be at Lisner Sunday February 19 as part of a six city US tour that starts Friday night February 17th at Town Hall in New York City.  They also will be doing gigs in Los Angeles, Chicago, Berkeley, and Houston.    Below is my Washington City Paper preview that is in newsprint and online.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/42236/homayoun-shajarian-and-hesar-ensemble-at-lisner-auditorium-sunday-feb/

No comments:

Post a Comment